Tuesday, January 20, 2015
authors note
Tuesday, September 11, 2001 8:46 am the first plane is crashed into the world trade center by a group of terrorists called al-Qaeda. These attacks killed about 3000 people and less then 1 percent of them were made up of the hijackers. On this one day there were also over 10 billion dollars caused in infrastructure and property damage. In the it has always just seemed like an unfortunate event that has now passed, but now when I think of all the lost family members, and the children waiting for their parents to come home, it gives this issue of terrorism a whole different and horrible meaning. This is why I am so grateful that my dad made it out alive, and why I dread the sorrow in his eyes whenever we pass the memorial. At times like these I can tell he is thinking of all of his friends and colleagues killed in less than two hours on that day, and how the amount of casualties was so large that there was another person with the exact same name as his killed in that attack. Some people fear that the new freedom tower will attract more terrorism but I believe that it creates hope and shows the rest of the world that it can't break us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment